However, it can be difficult to select the right hedge fund or set of hedge funds. Properly researching managers takes skill and expertise. In addition, high manager investment minimums and potentially long lock-up periods often put many hedge fund managers out of the reach of non-institutional investors.
These are the barriers Steben Select Multi-Strategy Fund seeks to eliminate.
As a fund of hedge funds, Steben Select provides access to a select set of hedge fund managers carefully chosen by our highly experienced Research and Risk Management Team. Because the Fund pools investor assets to meet the investment minimums of the selected hedge funds, it can offer a $25,000 investment minimum and quarterly liquidity to investors.
- Investment Minimum: $25,000
- Subsequent Minimum: $5,000
- Subscriptions: Monthly
- Liquidity: Quarterly 1
- Fund of Hedge Funds
- Closed end management investment company
- Investor Eligibility: Accredited Investor
- Investor Status: Shareholder
- Tax Reporting: 1099
- Performance Reporting: Monthly
- Investment Manager: Steben & Company
- Custodian: U.S. Bancorp
- Administrator: U.S. Bank, N.A.
- Auditor: KPMG
- Counsel: K&L Gates
Foreside Fund Services, LLC, Distributor